SEO Law offers three scholarships per year to help promising underrepresented incoming law students attend the law school of their choice. SEO Law awards one $10,000 scholarship and two $5,000 scholarships.
“The SEO Scholarship will make a world of difference for me. This financial support will allow me to take advantage of the opportunities that I would not otherwise be able to without financial assistance, such as an unpaid public interest summer internship.”
University of Michigan Law School
2022 SEO Law Scholarship Recipient
The 2023 Scholarship Application is Now Open! Learn more here.
To be eligible to apply for a scholarship, applicants must meet the following requirements (note that the scholarship eligibility requirements differ from the Fellowship eligibility requirements):
- Minimum Undergraduate GPA: 3.2
- Must be enrolled in law school by June 2023 for matriculation in Fall 2023
- Deadline for Scholarship Application: Friday, March 3, 2023 at 11:59pm ET
- Applicants must answer one of the following essay prompts in 500 words or less:
- Essay Question #1: One of SEO’s values is giving back. It is not about you, but those who came before you and those who will come after you. Please explain how you’ve applied this principle to your life to date.
- Essay Question #2: Tell us about a time when you had a belief or idea challenged. How did this impact you?
- Essay Question #3: If you could change one thing about the legal profession, what would it be and why?
Selected Scholarship Recipients will be notified in June or July 2023.