SEO Investment Academy
The training, mentoring, and access you need to secure an associate role on the buy-side.
Are you a first, second, or third-year investment banking analyst or management consultant interested in private equity?
Do you want insider guidance to gain an edge in your recruiting process?
You need the SEO Investment Academy.
What is it?
The SEO Investment Academy is a series of curated, online workshops that propel you into careers on the buy-side! Our goal is to change the face of Alternative Investments for those who have been historically excluded from the private equity sector, by providing you with the tools and development opportunities you need to succeed in the industry.
What you get:
Designed with one goal in mind, the SEO Investment Academy equips historically excluded banking analysts and management consultants with the technical skills and the investing mindset needed to launch a career in the alternatives sector.
- Virtual Small Group Workshops: Personalized training with investment professionals from a variety of our partner firms.
- Virtual Large Group Workshops: Training sessions covering various asset classes in the alternatives: private equity buy-out, private equity growth, hedge fund, real estate, and more.
- Hear from SEO Alternative Investments Alumni, network with industry professionals, and get access to case study training modules designed by partner firms.
- Case studies are delivered to you by our partner firms, offering you an opportunity to directly interact with senior investment professionals and hiring managers.
This program prepares you (but doesn’t guarantee acceptance) for our SEO Alternative Investments Fellowship Program (AIFP) and for buy-side recruiting. If you’re interested in applying to AIFP, the Investment Academy gives you a much-needed leg-up.
“SEO prepared me for all the technical aspects of the process through case sessions and mock interviews. The biggest advantage was the ability to network with different firms ahead of the process, as well as having mentors who were currently working in PE to give feedback and guide me.”
Associate, ICV PartnersAIFP Fellow
Who should apply?
The Investment Academy is open to both SEO alumni and non-alumni.
To qualify for our Investment Academy, you must identify as someone from a background historically excluded from the alternative investments sector, specifically, people of Black, Hispanic/Latinx, and Native American descent, as well as Asian Women, in addition to one of the following:
- A first-, second-, or third-year investment banking analyst or management consultant in a full-time position.
- A college senior with an offer for full-time work in investment banking or management consulting, post-graduation.
- A college junior with a prior and/or upcoming internship in investment banking or management consulting.
- A current student in a master’s degree program with an offer for full-time work in investment banking or management consulting, post-graduation.
The SEO Investment Academy accepts applications on a rolling basis from early fall to late spring. Applicants who meet the program requirements will be notified via email.