SEO Tech Developer
Application for 2022 now open!
Interested in coding and technology?
Level up your programming and interviewing skills to land an internship at a leading tech company or startup with the SEO Tech Developer, a new pilot initiative of SEO Career.
The SEO Tech Developer is an intensive, free immersion program designed to propel Black, Latinx, and Native American Computer Science and Engineering college students to the next level of technical and problem-solving skills.
Oftentimes, there is a significant disconnect between the topics you learn in school and the skills you need to get hired at a tech company. The SEO Tech Developer will give you the training, curriculum, and mentoring necessary to compete for entry-level tech roles at tech companies and startups offering top-tier compensation and opportunities for growth.
Hear What Our Students Have to Say
“I loved my experience with SEO this summer. I have really gotten confident in my programming skills. I really feel like I belong in Computer Science and that I actually have a chance in the market of internships and work opportunities in the future.”
– Christian S., Loyola University Chicago
“I definitely learned a lot more than I do in my classes at school. Like for example, in the industry I will be working in teams and I got to learn about doing that here. I feel more confident in my coding as well.”
– Erica L., Old Dominion University
“Participating in the SEO Tech Developer this summer was one of the best programming learning experiences I have ever had! Before this program, I felt very inexperienced and as though I was so far from being able to program anything useful or interesting but SEO Tech Developer really increased my confidence!”
– Udochukwu N., Johns Hopkins University
Current or prospective sponsor? Join us in increasing the number of Black, Latinx, and Native American computer science majors in tech
Total Compensation Entry-Level Software Engineer
National Average vs. Leading Tech Companies
Source: Zaheer, Z. (n.d.). Salaries & tools to level up your career. Retrieved February 09, 2021, from https://www.levels.fyi/
Want to land a top entry-level role like one of these? The SEO Tech Developer is here to help.
Why did we create the SEO Tech Developer program?
Racial/Ethnic Employment at Leading Tech Firms
Bui, Q., & Miller, C. (2016, February 25). Why tech degrees are not putting more blacks and Hispanics into tech jobs. Retrieved February 08, 2021, fromhttps://www.nytimes.com/2016/02/26/upshot/dont-blame-recruiting-pipeline-for-lack-of-diversity-in-tech.html
Who We Are Looking For
Students who identify as Black, Latinx, and Native American in the tech industry who have:
- At least basic programming skills in one or more languages
- Willingness to work hard to develop existing skills
- A desire to benefit from mentoring and guidance from tech industry professionals
- Eagerness to work on individual and team projects
SEO Tech Developer is here to help you develop your existing skills to compete for tech roles at leading companies and startups.
What You Get
You’ll build programming skills not typically emphasized in school such as preparing for whiteboard interviews, working in collaborative teams, and learning how developers think about putting projects together.
How It Works
- Apply: Candidates will be asked to complete their online application and a video profile introduction. This is our way of getting to know you!
- Skills Profile: Qualified candidates will be asked to complete a skills profile designed to exhibit your current programming skills.
- Pre-Residency: Part-time individual and group pre-work to start in early June.
- Residency: Virtual 6-week training over the summer including a weekly stipend.
- Interview Prep: Part-time training continues in early fall to secure internship opportunities for the following summer.
- Looking Forward: Program grads will be supported in applying for internships at partner firms and other leading tech companies with full-time offer potential.
Who Should Apply
- Students who identify as Black, Latinx, or Native American
- Students enrolled as a sophomore at an accredited, four-year US college or university OR students who will be transferring to an accredited, four-year university upon completion of their two-year degree
- Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Statistics, Data Science, MIS, and other quantitative concentrations preferred. All majors considered
- Experience with one or more programming languages is required (Python, Java, C++, etc.)
Expand your pipeline of Black, Latinx and Native American Computer Science interns
If you’re looking for trained and experienced interns in the areas of tech and computer science for your firm, SEO Tech Developer can help you place talented candidates.
- Access to recruit motivated students who have completed our rigorous technical curriculum
- Opportunity to host partner showcases to share information about your internship programs and application processes
- Interview-ready candidates
- First option to offer full-time placement upon graduation