June Reflections from a CEO – William Goodloe
by William Goodloe
Share this article
Every day, I feel extremely grateful and humbled to be a part of this incredible and impactful place called SEO!
Every day, SEO does what many believe cannot be done.
And every day, SEO accomplishes what many high schools that serve low-income communities are unable to do – truly prepare young people for college success. Nationally, 20% of low-income college students graduate, and 60% of ALL students in America graduate college.
SEO Scholars is an 8-year academic program that gets low-income public high school students to and through college with a 90% college graduation rate!
SEO High School Class of 2019 College Acceptances by the Numbers!
- 100% (235 students) of our Scholars have been accepted into four-year colleges.
- 50.6% (119) of our high school seniors will attend a tier 1 college or university this coming fall.
- 159 students (68%) have been accepted to colleges in the top tier.
- 192 students (82%) have been accepted to colleges in the top 2 tiers.
- 219 students (93%) have been accepted to colleges in the top 3 tiers.
SEO levels the playing field for students who come from underserved communities, by providing them with rigorous supplemental education throughout high school, and the support they deserve and need to excel and graduate from college.
In June 2019, 235 SEO high school Scholars are graduating from high school – excited and ready to attend, excel, and ultimately, graduate from college!
We See You!
We Salute You!