Recognizing a host of development opportunities, SEO collaborates with alumni to create a range of both industry-specific and general professional growth programs and resources relevant to their needs. By continuing to invest in the success of program participants, SEO achieves its mission of preparing leaders while making itself a “forward-looking” organization – where student participation during high school or college represents only the beginning of their relationship with SEO.
Panels and networking forums, as well as virtual dial-in discussions, give alumni a chance to hear from experienced professionals on a variety of topics. Past events have included:
- SEO Alternative Investments Conference (annual)
- SEO Pre-MBA Forum, Featuring the Ten School Diversity Alliance (annual)
- Brand Your Way to an MBA: The EXPARTUS Business School Admissions Seminar at SEO (annual)
- Developing Your Market Perspective: Opportunities Amidst Uncertainties
- A Personal Look at How Two Private Equity Firms Emerged
- Rebranding Yourself: How to Market, Hone and Build Your Skills for a New Career Path
- Real Estate on the Road to Wealth Creation: Paths to Homeownership for the Young Professional
- Before You Fire Your Boss: Is Entrepreneurship Really for You?
- Gaining on Your Goals: Building a Strategy Around Your Finances & Philanthropy
- Thinking Globally: Personal Investing & Charitable Impact
- Power Up Your Leadership Performance: Retooling and Rebranding for Global Career Growth
- Get on Board: How to Seize the Benefits and Opportunities of Serving on a Nonprofit Board
- Education Reform: Learning the Issues, Exploring Your Impact on the Movement
- Entrepreneurs on a Mission: How For-Profit Business Models Can Transform Our Communities
- Managing Your Boss
- Careers in Consulting
- Careers in Marketing
- Working for a Start-up
>> Alumni interested in working with SEO to craft and execute a professional development event should send a note to email@example.com with their ideas!
Alumni are encouraged to log in to SEO NetCommunity, where they can search and post job opportunities on the Career Center, search for alumni who can offer guidance on graduate school or various industries, and access other resources. Test prep and admissions consulting discounts are also available to SEO alumni through partnerships with Stratus Prep, Manhattan GMAT, Manhattan GRE, Atlas LSAT, Kaplan Test Prep, Manhattan Review, EXPARTUS and IvyLink. Alumni interested in taking advantage of these special savings should log in for details and discount code information.